Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike
Workout Programs & User Profiles
The following goes more in depth with the preset programs of Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike:
- Mountains – This program has more of a variety in resistance levels than the Fun Rides, including varying levels of intensity. It has two very challenging programs named Summit Pass, Mount Hood, and Summit Pass. These two additional programs are great options for developing your lower body strength.
- Challenges – If you are looking to maximize your endurance, then Challenges will make it happen. This program is built for high intensity and comes with two variations for interval training.
- Heart Rate Controlled (HRC) – If you hold onto the touch sensors or wear the chest belt? Just before you begin your workout you can set it to your target heart rate for your workout. From there, the resistance system will automatically adjust as needed to keep you at your targeted level.
- Fun Rides – This is a collection of lower-intense programs with less of a variation in resistance levels and more of a focus on steady-state cardio. It’s ideal for anyone starting a new fitness routine.
- Fitness Tests – You are able to monitor your progress using the data sync combined with fitness apps. You have the option of choosing between two different types of fitness tests.
Each test will generate a score that will be used and compared with your future data to see just how much your fitness plan is working for you.
The Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike only offers the standard Fitness Test. That test will compare the power output to your heart rate. On the other hand, the Nautilus R616 also includes the quite popular Recovery Test program.
That program will measure how quickly your heart rate will return to normal after you exercise. Reducing recovery time is a key indicator of improving physical fitness.
The Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike has double the number of user profiles as compared to the R614. The R616 gives you four profiles to work with. This is ideal if you have multiple people using the bike. Everyone can have their own workout pre-set so when it’s their time to work out they will be ready to go.
The profiles will allow you to add your information like your weight and age. That data will get calculated with other data. This information is used to help you get the most out of your workouts from data that is curated specifically for you.
Having the four profiles really makes it ideal for a family that likes to stay active and to this as part of their fitness routine. Being able to store your information in a profile, makes working out a lot easier.
Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike Video
Nautilus R614 Vs Nautilus R616
I have gone over comparing the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike and the Nautilus R614. Hopefully, this information will help you make a better decision if you have contemplated purchasing one of the two of these models?
Both of these models have extensive pre-programmed workouts. However, the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike has the edge with 29 programs compared to the Nautilus R614 with 22 programs. But 22 still gives you a nice variety.
The Nautilus R616 has the ability to accommodate four different users by providing them with custom profiles and storing their workout data. The Nautilus R614 can only handle two profiles.
Both models have the perimeter weighted flywheel that makes using either bike a smooth and quiet experience. If you like watching TV while you are working out, you do not have to worry about cranking up the volume to hear it. There are bikes that are just loud enough to where you can not hear the TV or music at a decent level. So, you have to crank it up. Normally, that is not a big deal. But if there are others around it could be a problem? Maybe you live in a condo or an apartment?
Heart Rate Monitor
The Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike gives you much more flexibility. The R614 does do a good job but you need to hold on to the handheld heart rate monitor. You can do the same with the R616 along with the handheld heart rate grips. But it also has a more modern chest strap that is far more accurate.
Dual Track LCD Screen
The Nautilus R616 and R614 both have the Dual Track LCD Screen. The screens are bright and easy to navigate. Again, I feel the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike has the edge over the R614. Because it has blue back-light that really makes a big difference when trying to read in dimly lit areas. Plus, I think it looks cool.
USB and Bluetooth
Both models have the USB charging port. The R616 model has Bluetooth connectivity where the R614 does not. Both of them have the ability to export your workout data to MyFitnesspal.com and NautilusConnect. This gives you the ability to monitor your fitness progress.
The Nautilus R616 and R614 both are flexible and can be easily adjusted to satisfy the needs of an array of users. What I like is the ventilated seatbacks that come with both models for creating a nice airflow. My back sweats easily so having a vented seat really makes a difference for me. Where the R616 has an edge is its padded contoured seat.
If you need to pack up your recumbent bike in between workouts, or transport it from one part of your home to another, Nautilus has equipped both models with transport wheels for easy movement.
Both of these bikes come with a 3 speed fan. When I first heard about it I laughed a little. I was thinking there is no way that fan is going to make any difference when it comes to cooling you down. I was definitely wrong about that! It does a great job cooling you off just enough to take the edge off.
Hi, I’m Drew. If you are suffering from back pain be it chronic or intermittent. I would love to hear your story?